“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
I work with individuals, couples, families, children, and adolescents on a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression, sexual and relationship challenges, abuse and trauma, pre-marital work, launching children, bereavement, life transitions, attachment, parenting, divorce, co-parenting, blending families and much more.
My work is heavily influenced by systems theory; I believe that individuals are connected in mind, body, and spirit and are part of many systems including spousal or partner, primary family, family of origin, and work, school, and/or church communities to name a few. In working with my clients, opportunities often arise where it is therapeutically beneficial to include more of their system in their counseling process; this is possible and especially beneficial when a partner, sibling, parent, child, or former spouse is also working with a therapist in my group. This allows each party to bring the safety and insight of their own therapist into a setting where, as a group, difficult things are more easily discussed and potential to move forward more easily realized.
I provide individual, couples and family counseling and work with a wide range of issues. Additionally, specialized group/s are run at specific times. Check the Group tab under Services.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Panic Attacks and Phobia
- Sexual and Relationship Problems
- Divorce, Co-parenting, and Blended Family Issues
- Medical and Health concerns
- Grief and Loss
- Pre-marital Work
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Addiction & Recovery
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Launching Children and Differentiation Issues
- Conflict Resolution
- Life Transitions
- Couples Communication Education/Training
- ADHD/ADD in adult partner relationships
- Assessment administration and interpretation for:
- Prepare/Enrich: This assessment is a tool for dialogue for premarital couples; couples blending families; and couples seeking enrichment).
- 16 PF: This tool gives feedback on 16 different personality features.
- Amen’s Checklists: These tools seek out information regarding the possibility of ADD and/or other brain-system functions.
- Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator: This tool helps to understand character and personality types of self and other.
With a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, clients achieve the personal growth they’re striving for.